Rookout Ltd. (the “Rookout“, “we” and “our“) respects your privacy. This policy explains the privacy practices for our websites: http://www.rookout.com (the “Website”) and with respect to our general marketing and sales activities. It describes the ways your personal information is collected and used.
Personal Information That We Collect
Contact Information – To complete our online contact form in order to register to our services, we ask that you provide us with personal information, such as your full name, phone number, email address and the company you represent. Thereafter we process your request and may ask you to provide additional information with respect to your IT environment. We will explicitly indicate the mandatory fields for completion. You must provide complete, accurate and correct details.
We may also collect your personal contact information at conferences and webinars we attend or host. If the conference or webinar is not hosted by us, we will only collect your information if you indicate that you allow us to receive your contact information from the conference/webinar organizers (such as when you actively scan your conference card, if you choose to, when you visit our booth in the conference).
Customer Contact Information – We will collect contact information of the contact people at our customers’ or potential customers’ organizations. This information includes your name, email, phone number, and position. We may receive this information directly from you or from your employer.
CV Information – You may apply for career opportunities at Rookout through the Website. To do so, we will ask you to provide information such as your name, email address, phone number, and a copy of your résumé (curriculum vitae – CV). The CV you submit will typically include your personal information.
You are not legally required to provide us any of the above information. It is optional and voluntary. However, if you do not provide the required information or provide false, incorrect, or outdated information, we may not be able to process your request or inquiry or consider your candidacy for an open position.
Analytics Information – When you visit the Website, we record and collect certain information about your interaction with the Website, including the IP address from which you access the Website, time and date of access, type of browser used, language used, links clicked, and actions taken while using the Website.
The Website uses various types of cookies which help us administer and operate the Website.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent by a web server to your web browser when you access a website. Different types of cookies are used for different purposes, such as to:
- Collect statistical information about your use of a website;
- Remember your actions and preferences on the website over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site;
- Support security features, and detect and prevent malicious activity;
Collect behavioral information about your surfing on other websites which then helps advertisers deliver ads that are more relevant to you.
We use third party cookies for marketing and advertisement purposes, in order to deliver to you more relevant ads for our products and services as you surf the web (this is known as “retargeting”).
How to Manage Your Cookies Preferences
See more details about:
- The types of cookies used by Hubspot on third party sites such as the Website.
- The types of cookies used by Google Analytics and its partners and how they use them. You can also read more information about opting-out of Google Analytics cookies, here.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information regarding children who are under 18 years of age.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information outlined above for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the access to and use of the Website, and to manage the operational and administrative aspects of the Website;
- If you provided your contact details, submitted an inquiry or demo request, we may use your personal information to contact you or to provide you with our demo, either directly or through others on our behalf, including by e-mail messages;
- To send you marketing communications, subject to you explicit consent;
- To provide our Services to our customers, to manage billing and collection, and to provide our customers with information of our Services;
- To consider your candidacy for an open position at Rookout where you provide use your CV Information;
- To develop and improve our products and services as a whole, and to improve and enhance the services and content offered on the Website;
- To enforce this policy, and prevent misuse of the Website and our services;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies and authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified; and
- Take any action in any case of dispute involving you with respect to the Website.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share personal information outlined in this policy, with others, in any of the following instances:
- With our service providers – in order to operate, maintain and enhance the Website and facilitate our email communications with you;
- With companies who partner with us to host a conference, webinar or any other event.
- If you have breached this Policy, abused your rights to use the Website, or violated any applicable law – your information may be shared with authorities or other third parties, if we believe it is necessary or justified;
- With attorneys, courts and relevant third parties, in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind involving you with respect to the Website;
- If the operation of the Website is organized within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity (such as due to a merger or acquisition), provided that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with reasonably necessary changes taken into consideration; and
- We may share personal information with our corporate group entities (companies that we control, control us, or are under common control with us – whether directly or indirectly), but their use of such information must comply with the policy.
In any case other than above, your personal information will be shared with others only if you provide your explicit prior consent.
While visiting the Website, you may be directed via hyperlinks or other means to third-party websites, services and online communities that are not affiliated with us such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc. in addition, other parties, such as Google may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites. Different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of your information by those third parties and you will be subject to the privacy customs and policies of such third parties. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties and recommend that you review such third parties’ privacy policies prior to sharing your information with them.
Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory
We may store and process the personal information in the United States and in other various locations throughout the globe, including through cloud services.
If we transfer your information to other jurisdictions, we will do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We implement measures to reduce risks of damage, loss and unauthorized access or use of personal information, but they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the Website or our systems are immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information security risks.
We will retain your Information for the duration needed to support our ordinary business activities and providing our services to your organization. Thereafter, we will still retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, establish and defend legal claims and enforce our agreements.
Additional Information for Individuals in the EU
The following is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data we collect via the Website:
10 Beit Shamai St, Tel Aviv, Israel
Our European representative, for the purposes of this Policy, is RF PRIVACY MINDERS LTD. If you are within the European Economic Area, you may contact our European representative the at the following address:
If you are located in the UK and have any questions about the use of your personal data, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our UK Representative using the details set out below.
PRIVACY MINDERS UK LTD
Address: 71-75 Shelton Street, London WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom
Legal Basis for Processing
The legal basis for collecting and processing your Contact Information when you submit an inquiry is our legitimate interests in responding to your inquiry of our services.
The legal basis for collecting and processing your Contact Information for marketing purposes is your explicit consent.
The legal basis for collecting and processing your Customer Contact Information is taking steps necessary before entering into a contract with a customer and for the performance of a contact with a customer.
The legal basis for collecting and processing your Customer Contact Information for marketing purposes is our legitimate interest in promoting our Services and providing information and offering our customers our existing and upcoming services.
The legal basis under EU law for collecting and processing Analytics Information is our legitimate interest in managing the Website and, business development and planning.
The legal basis under EU law for sharing your Contact Information with our third-party partners for marketing purposes is your explicit consent.
The legal basis under EU law for processing your data for the purpose of handling instances of abusive use of the Services is our legitimate interests in defending and enforcing against violations and breaches that are harmful to our business.
The legal basis under EU law for processing your data where we are legally required to share it, is our legitimate interests in complying with mandatory legal requirements imposed on us.
The legal basis under EU law for us processing your data in the event of a change in our corporate structure is our legitimate interests in our business continuity.
Your EU Rights
If you are in the EU, you have the following rights under the GDPR:
Right to Access your personal data that we process and receive a copy of it.
Right to Rectify inaccurate personal data we have concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to Data Portability, that is, to receive the personal data that you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit this data to another service provider. Where technically feasible, you have the right that your personal data be transmitted directly from us to the service provider you designate.
Right to withdraw consent to us processing your Contact Information for marketing purposes.
Right to Object, based on your particular situation, to using your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest. However, we may override the objection if we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds, or for the establishment, exercise of defense of legal claims.
Right to Restrict the processing your personal data (except for storing it) if you contest the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy; if you believe that the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request instead to restrict its use; if we no longer need the personal data for the purposes outlined in this Policy, but you require them to establish, exercise or defense relating to legal claims, or if you object to processing, pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds for processing override yours.
Right to be Forgotten. Under certain circumstances, such as when you object to us processing your data and we have no compelling legitimate grounds to override your objection, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal data. However, we may still process your personal data if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that we are subject to under laws in EU Member States or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with information. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will explain the reason for this.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you are in the EU, then according to Article 77 of the GDPR, you can lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement of the GDPR. For a list of supervisory authorities in the EU, click here.
We may change this policy from time to time. Substantial changes will take effect 30 days after we provide a notice of such changes on the Website. Other changes will take effect 7 days after we provide notice. However, if the policy is amended to comply with legal requirements, the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required. The most up-to-date policy will always be accessible on our Website.
In any event, we will seek your explicit consent if we wish to have substantial changes to the policy apply to personal information we collected prior to those changes.
You may send us questions and comments to email@example.com.
Last updated: August 2022.